Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I just found quite an interesting website which features the work of loads of contemporary illustrators...
heres a link http://apeonthemoon.com/

I like some of the work by Eleanor Davis ( - check out the website for some of her other work - it's all monster related!)



I like the pattern of the trees in the background - they look like cut outs... The colours are muted and a limited palette has been used (3 colours i think) The bodies of the monsters are all quite block like, with thin arms and legs. I like this style and am considering trying to experiment with something similar for illustrating my jormungandr and quetzalcoatl.


Again, block like bodies with thin arms and legs, the trees in the background seem to be a common feature of Davis' illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment